Please disable your Ad Blocker to better interact with this website.

Connect with us

Councilwoman Goes Unpunished After Kneeling For Pledge Twice But Vet Makes Her Pay

Published

on

As if it wasn’t bad enough that we have to see overpaid spoiled sports stars kneeling for the national anthem, now we have to read about elected city councilmembers doing the same thing.

Monday night’s board of selectmen meeting in this pastoral Connecticut River town featured a discussion on the closing of an elementary school, the awarding of a lawn care bid and a deeply polarizing debate over the meaning of the First Amendment.

As IJR reported, this whole mess was instigated at a board meeting earlier this month when Democratic Selectwoman Melissa J. Schlag decided it was ok for a public servant such as herself to kneel during the Pledge of Allegiance in protest of President Donald Trump’s meeting with Russian leader Vladimir Putin, his stance on Illegal Aliens and other policies set forth by the President.

But a veteran at the meeting wasn’t going to take this standing still:

He is 100% correct, if you want to disrespect the flag that’s ok, it’s your right to do so, but do it on your own damn time!

Here is more via The Hartford Courant:

Monday night’s board of selectmen meeting in this pastoral Connecticut River town featured a discussion on the closing of an elementary school, the awarding of a lawn care bid and a deeply polarizing debate over the meaning of the First Amendment.

The conflict was set off at a board meeting earlier this month when Democratic Selectwoman Melissa J. Schlag knelt during the Pledge of Allegiance to protest President Donald Trump’s defense of Russian leader Vladimir Putin, his hardline on undocumented immigrants and other policies put forth by the Republican president.

Her stance, which echoes the public dissents of NFL players, drew harsh condemnation from critics, including several Republican gubernatorial candidates, and a spirited defense from supporters.

Haddam Selectwoman Takes A Knee During Pledge To Protest Trump And An Outcry Ensues
On Monday, the first board meeting after the controversy, both sides came to the Haddam Volunteer Firehouse as the minutia of small town government gave way to an impassioned display reflecting the cultural and political fault lines of the Trump era.

“This is political speech,” Paul White, a 49-year-old local attorney, said over jeers from some in the audience. ‘Whether I agree or not it doesn’t matter. She has the right … to convey a political message.”

But Calvin Bunnel, 71, came from Meriden to express his anger at Schlag’s silent protest. “You don’t turn your back on the flag,” he said. He wore a T-shirt emblazoned with the message, “If you don’t like this flag, I’ll help you pack your bags.”

I did not go to Vietnam … to pick and choose who gets to be better Americans.
— Bob Wallin, Haddam

Bunnel served in Vietnam and, like many other veterans in the audience, views kneeling during the pledge as a sign of profound disrespect to those who served in the military.

“I wholeheartedly respect your right to protest, to take a knee,” said Pablo Arroyo, a 58-year-old town resident who served in the Marine Corps. “But if that’s what you would like to do, do it on your own time. I am not here to disrespect you as you’ve done to my flag, my country.”

Arroyo recalled 18 Marines in his platoon who were killed in a suicide bombing in Beruit. Looking directly at Schlag, he said: “What you did was urinate on all their graves.”

But not all of the veterans in the audience took the same view. Bob Wallin, a 71-year-old town resident and a combat veteran who served in Vietnam, delivered a poignant defense of Schlag’s constitutional right to peacefully protest.

“I took an oath to defend the Constitution,” Wallin said. “The Constitution starts with the First Amendment. She has that right. I’m not agreeing with her and I think the reason she does it is stupid. I don’t care.”

Wallin said he was exposed to Agent Orange and is suffering the effects of that exposure. As he offered up his brief comments, he grew too weak to stand and was given a chair and a bottle of water.

“I did not go to Vietnam … to pick and choose who gets to be better Americans,” Wallin declared. Speaking to the politicians who have denounced Schlag, he said “Screw you. None of you earned that right … you people make me mad.”

Instead of expressing outrage at Schlag on social media, Wallin implored the crowd to turn its anger toward helping veterans. “You want to be upset right on Facebook? Well, two veterans a day commit suicide,” he said.”

Before the meeting even started, Schlag’s critics, who were led by Republican gubernatorial candidate Tim Herbst and Republican candidate for state treasurer Art Linares, held a rally on the town green. As Lee Greenwood’s patriotic anthem, “God Bless the U.S.A.” blasted from speakers to a crowd of around 100. Some in the crowd even sported “Make America Great Again” hats and Trump T-shirts.

This garbage needs to stop. Schlag has every right to kneel for the flag, but not when taxpayers are paying her salary. She is 100% free to despise our flag, nation, and President all she wants. But she can do that on her own time and on her own dime. Schlag has officially said she will continue to kneel during the Pledge until President Donald Trump is no longer in office.

 

Join the conversation!

We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, profanity, vulgarity, doxing, or discourteous behavior. If a comment is spam, instead of replying to it please hover over that comment, click the ∨ icon, and mark it as spam. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain fruitful conversation.

Trending Now on Right Wing News


VIDEO: Migrant Caravan That Threatened To ‘Drop-In’ On Trump Tears Down Border Fence, Storms Mexico

Published

on

...

* By

Someone is putting these people up to this, I swear. It’s to close to our midterm election for it to be a coincidence.

Just a few days ago, one of the migrants told Yahoo News that they were going to “drop in” on Trump and that he would have to take them in.

Trump needs to send in the military immediately.

Breitbart is reporting:

“More than 4,000 migrants forced their way into Mexico after storming a border fence with Guatemala.

Video captured by Noticias Telemundo shows the moment when hundreds of migrants force the gate open and rush into Mexico despite officials efforts to keep the migrants out.

Mexican authorities previously vowed to turn back any migrants who did not follow immigration law.

SENIOR AIRMAN BRIAN KOLFAGE LOST 3 LIMBS FIGHTING FOR OUR FREEDOM OF SPEECH. NOW FACEBOOK DELETED THE RIGHT WING NEWS PAGE HE RAN & HIS COFFEE COMPANY PAGE AFTER GIVING THEM $300,000 FOR ADVERTISING. THAT WAS HOW HE SUPPORTED HIS FAMILY. SIGN AIRMAN KOLFAGE’S PETITION & JOIN HIM IN THE FIGHT AGAINST SOCIAL MEDIA CENSORSHIP!

SIGN THE PETITION! Fight with me!

Will you support and help Brian fight Facebook censorship?

The rush is the latest development for the caravan originating in Honduras, when approximately 1,300 migrants began an organized march to Mexico with some making their way to the U.S. Border.

The caravan caused the Mexican government to announce it would enforce immigration laws and turn back those who did not obtain a visa to travel through country. Despite the threat, the caravan grew in size to more than 4,000, pushing President Donald Trump to state he would remove all financial aid to Central American countries if the migration was not halted.

It remains unclear how many migrants were able to successfully enter Mexico by force.”

The Independent UK reported:

“Migrants in a caravan making its way north through Central America towards the US border have torn down gates and are making their way over a bridge into Mexico – with officials warning the trip will bring swift retribution from the Trump administration.

Young men in the caravan reportedly began on Friday violently tugging at a tall yellow fence in the way of the group before eventually tearing the barrier down. Men, women, and children then began rushing towards the bridge to Mexico that stands about 150 years (137 meters) away.

The fence toppling came just after US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo met with Mexican Foreign Minister Luis Videgaray to discuss the caravan, which started in Honduras last weekend.

“It’s a challenge that Mexico is facing, and that’s how I expressed it to Secretary Pompeo,” Mr Videgaray said in a news conference with the US secretary of state.

The Mexican government has asked for assistance from the United Nations refugee agency to help it process migrants arriving on the country’s southern border and seeking refugee status.

Processing those refugee claims could allow the Mexican government to disperse the caravan, and placate President Donald Trump, who is adamantly opposed to allowing any of the individuals into the US.

The caravan that is now at the Mexico border is composed of several thousand Honduran migrants who are seeking to escape violence and poverty in their home country. Mr Videgaray said earlier on Friday that the caravan was composed of some 4,000 people and each could present their claims to enter the country with refugee status.

“We haven’t had a caravan or group of this size seeking refuge at the same time, that’s why we’ve sought the support of the United Nations,” he said on Mexican television.

The Mexican government is taking a different tact with this caravan than a similar one that made its way north earlier this year, similarly drawing anger from Mr Trump.

Unlike that caravan, which made its way into the heartland of Mexico before officials attempted to process claims, the Mexican government this time is focusing on processing the individuals as they arrive on the border.

In response to the advancing caravan, Mr Trump has threatened to instruct the US military to “CLOSE THE SOUTHERN BORDER”, and said that he would cut aid to Central American countries where the migrants are arriving from.

It is not clear if Mr Trump is seriously considering closing the US-Mexico border, and it is not clear that he could conceivably do so, either. But, if he did, experts say that such a closure would have a major impact on the economy and ability of people to travel in and out of the US.”

Watch.

Migrantes logran romper cerca en la frontera y entran corriendo a México

Migrantes rompen cerca en la frontera y entran corriendo a México

Posted by Noticias Telemundo on Friday, October 19, 2018

Continue Reading

Watch How Left-Wing Protester Who Harassed 9/11 Widow Reacts When Confronted By Her Large ‘Son’

Published

on

...

* By

Oh man, this is the best ever.

Don’t you just love it when angry, hostile left-winger, antifa types turn tail & run when the other side stands up to them.

We need more of this in America!

The Daily Caller is reporting:

Video of a left-wing protester telling an alleged 9/11 widow that her late husband should “rot in the grave” has gone viral.

The harassment of the woman took place in Portland, Oregon, during clashes between Antifa and pro-Trump factions.

SENIOR AIRMAN BRIAN KOLFAGE LOST 3 LIMBS FIGHTING FOR OUR FREEDOM OF SPEECH. NOW FACEBOOK DELETED THE RIGHT WING NEWS PAGE HE RAN & HIS COFFEE COMPANY PAGE AFTER GIVING THEM $300,000 FOR ADVERTISING. THAT WAS HOW HE SUPPORTED HIS FAMILY. SIGN AIRMAN KOLFAGE’S PETITION & JOIN HIM IN THE FIGHT AGAINST SOCIAL MEDIA CENSORSHIP!

SIGN THE PETITION! Fight with me!

Will you support and help Brian fight Facebook censorship?

The protester screamed at the woman in the video and looked to be ready for a physical confrontation. After the woman said “My husband died in 9/11,” the protester yelled “Good for him! Good. Good. NYPD were a bunch of sodomized — fucking sodomizing immigrants with their bully sticks. Your husband should probably fucking rot in the grave.”

The woman walked on.

However, the leftist protester was not so empowered when a large man approached him and asked, “Did you call my mom out?” (RELATED: Antifa Protesters Block Portland Traffic, Nearly Start Riot During Kimmons Vigil)

The protester said “What?” and then took off running.

“Why are you running?” the man yelled.

There was a standoff between the leftist and far-right protesters, but when a large group of Trump-supporting activists looked to confront him, the man who insulted the widow suddenly lost his nerve.

WATCH:

Extra footage posted on Twitter shows the same man who was harassing the woman earlier running for his life down the street as fast as he could.

A professional skateboarder was mistaken for the man in the video and received death threats.

Oregon Live reported:

Portland professional skateboarder Charlie Wilkins faced violent threats on social media Thursday after video of an Oct. 13 protest went viral that showed an Antifa protester yelling at a woman.

“Your husband, should probably … rot in the grave,” the man rants at the woman, who claimed to be a 9/11 widow.

The man in the video resembles Wilkins, but the skateboarder insists it’s not him.

He and his wife Victoria say they avoid protests and were at a pumpkin patch that day.

“I just think he’s horrible to say that to anybody,” Wilkins told KGW, referring to the protester in the video. “I would never say that to anybody.”

Brandon Farley, who shot the video of the protest, weighed in on Wilkins’ behalf, tweeting:

“I don’t want to ruin an innocent man’s life! Stop this thoughtless tirade, immediately! Get the facts! He’s not the guy in my videos. Keep searching or move on, please.”

Wilkins is a longtime professional skater, and so his image is widely available online, which is likely the reason people made the connection between him and the Antifa protester.”

Continue Reading




Latest Articles

Become an insider!

Thank you for your interest in receiving the Right Wing News newsletter. To subscribe, please submit your email address below.

Send this to a friend