Please disable your Ad Blocker to better interact with this website.

Connect with us

Illegal Alien Makes First Court Appearance and Everyone Immediately Notices Who Showed Up Behind Him (VIDEO)

Published

on

Cristian Rivera, the 24-year-old the suspected illegal immigrant charged with Mollie Tibbetts’ murder, appeared in court for the first on Wednesday for the first time since leading police to her body.

The Mexican national said nothing as he entered the Poweshiek County Courthouse on Wednesday at 1pm local time flanked by sheriffs’ deputies.

He remained in the same black and white striped jumpsuit he was photographed in on Tuesday and required the services of two translators throughout the hearing.

Among those in the public gallery were his parents, the mother of his child and his three-year-old daughter.

Trending: Kavanaugh’s Wife Puts Reporters Camped Outside Their Home to Shame – Did It With BIG Smile

Now ask yourself if Cristian is an illegal alien and came here as a minor, wouldn’t his parents be illegal too? If they are illegal ICE better be deporting them back to Mexico

At the beginning of the hearing, Rivera’s attorney Allan Richards argued to ban the media from the trial and asked that it become private. He also submitted court records claiming Rivera was in the country legally and had been since he was a minor.

Rivera is the subject of an ICE detainer and his legal status has been seized on by Republican critics since he was arrested.

Police described him on Tuesday as an ‘illegal alien’ despite his employer insisting that they had verified his legal status when employing him four years ago.

Rivera’s lawyer cautioned against a desire to portray him as ‘something that he is not’ during Wednesday’s hearing.

Despite his efforts, the judge denied his requests and increased Rivera’s bond from $1million to $5million cash. Rivera said nothing other than answering yes and no to his interpreter when prompted.

Among those in the public gallery were the suspect’s parents (right), his three-year-old daughter (far left) and Iris Monarrez, the mother of his child. Where is ICE? 

Cristhian Rivera, 24, appears in Poweshiek County Courthouse on Wednesday for an initial appearance after admitting to murdering Mollie Tibbetts in a police interview 

Cristhian Rivera, 24, appears in Poweshiek County Courthouse on Wednesday for an initial appearance after admitting to murdering Mollie Tibbetts in a police interview

He did not understand his right to waive his preliminary hearing and conferred with his attorney for a brief moment.

His privately retained lawyer said that he came to the US as a ‘minor’ and had been living quietly and respectably for the last several years working for a ‘respectably’ member of the community – the brother of a prominent Iowa GOP member.

Rivera was caught after police traced his vehicle which had been filmed on surveillance cameras following Mollie as she jogged in Brooklyn, Iowa, on July 18.

He attacked her when she refused to talk to him and threatened to call the police.

Prosecutors argued for his bond to be increased for the safety of the community.

‘We think it is appropriate given the severity of the charge, what his immigration status as it’s been described and the fact that what he is accused of is obviously a very heinous crime the safety of the community should be at the forefront of the court’s mind,’ Assistant Attorney General Scott Brown said.

Judge Johnson agreed with the prosecution at every turn.

She allowed the media to remain in the room and refused Rivera’s attorney’s request to make the hearing private.

In asking that bail be set at a ‘reasonable’ amount, Rivera’s attorney said: ‘Cristhian is a young man.

‘He’s been working for a number of years for a respectable person in this community, he has no prior history, he sits here presumed evidence and so far no evidence has been submitted.

‘When he came to this country as a minor, he had the mental capacity of an eighth grader.’

The next time he will return to court is on August 31 at 2pm.

Richards also said Rivera had been treated unfairly since he was arrested and claimed the characterization of him by police in Iowa and by ICE that he is an ‘illegal alien’ is inaccurate and politically motivated.

‘In this case, the coverage that’s out there is leaning all one way and the fact the government has weighed in at the highest levels… there’s a predisposition that this young man, Cristhian, is guilty.

In this case, the coverage that’s out there is leaning all one way and the fact the government has weighed in at the highest levels
‘In our system he is entitled to a presumption of innocence,’ he said.

He then addressed this ‘politically controversy’ of ‘portraying Cristhian as something that he isn’t.’

‘It’s a political payback for what’s swirling around and the media is feeding in to it,’ he went on.

At the end of the 40-minute session, Rivera’s mother cried as he was ushered out of the courtroom in shackles.

The man’s 25-year-old ex-girlfriend was also wrought with anxiety. She held their daughter on her lap throughout.

Next to her was Rivera’s father who maintained a stony expression throughout.

No one from Mollie’s family was present.

Minutes before Rivera entered the court, they broke their silence with a statement which read: ‘On behalf of Mollie’s entire family, we thank all of those from around the world who have sent their thoughts and prayers for our girl.

‘We know that many of you will join us as we continue to carry Mollie in our hearts forever.

‘At this time, our family asks that we be allowed the time to process our devastating loss and share our grief in private.

‘Again, thank you for the outpouring of love and support that has been shared in Mollie’s name.’

Cristhian Rivera arrives at Poweshiek County Courthouse on Wednesday

VIA DAILY MAIL 

 

Join the conversation!

We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, profanity, vulgarity, doxing, or discourteous behavior. If a comment is spam, instead of replying to it please hover over that comment, click the ∨ icon, and mark it as spam. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain fruitful conversation.

Obama Just Received Terrible News About His Presidential Library – Trump Gets Last Laugh!

Published

on

A former president who has had never run anything or had a real job in his life until he became president can’t be expected to be able to coordinate a presidential library. And that’s exactly what happened in the case of former President Barack Hussein Obama.

Chicks On The Right has reported on multiple occasions that the building for the Obama Presidential Library has been snared with issues from the start. And the newest issue will make you livid.

Here is more via The Daily Wire:

“The Chicago Park District has put a halt to preparations being made for the Obama Presidential Library until after a federal court reviews a lawsuit filed by Chicago residents, and federal agencies assess the transfer of historic public land to a private entity.

“But in the meantime, permits and agreements filed by Chicago city officials, and with the Chicago Department of Transportation, reveal a sweetheart rent deal that any Chicago renter (or landlord) would certainly envy: the Obama Foundation will pay a mere $10 for a 99-year lease on what is supposed to be a public park.

“The Chicago Park District had begun felling trees on land destined to become part of the Obama Library complex, but those preparations ground to a halt Monday after the Chicago Department of Transportation refused to grant a permit that would have allowed the Park District to move utility lines running through the site. CDOT delayed a decision on the matter until after the federal lawsuit and federal assessments have been resolved.

“Hearings on the lawsuit, which claims the Obama Library received unprecedented and potentially illegal assistance from the state of Illinois and the city of Chicago, start Thursday. Plaintiffs claim that the Library is being granted part of historic Jackson Park — a huge public green space designed by Frederick Olmsted (the same man who designed New York City’s Central Park) and dedicated for the people of Chicago’s recreational use. They also say that plans to move two major arteries that currently run across Jackson Park will harm economic growth and isolate residents of Chicago’s south side.

“Construction also halted on a new athletic field — a project the city claims has no connection to the Obama Library complex. The Chicago Sun-Times reports the city might have misled residents: the Obama Foundation appears to have granted more than $2 million to the city for the new athletic field because the old one will need to be demolished to make room for Obama’s massive complex.

“The permitting and construction process became even stranger on Wednesday, when the Sun-Times reported that the City Council was working on a bill that would grant the Obama Library a century-long lease on what is, essentially, public land, for a mere $10, even though the Foundation can afford much more — and Chicago is desperately in need of the money.

“One of the ordinances includes the agreements between the foundation and the city, which includes the foundation paying the city $10 for the 99-year pact; the other ordinance clears the legal way to plow under Cornell Drive from 59th Street to Hayes Drive to be reconfigured as green space on the Obama campus,” the Sun-Times says. That’s down from the $1-per-year rental fee proposed earlier in the process.

“In return, the Obama Foundation must pledge to cover the $350 million in expected construction costs for the Library, protecting Chicago taxpayers (the Foundation has already received nearly $220 million in construction grants from the State of Illinois).

“One of the Library’s top critics called the deal infuriating.

“The idea of leasing invaluable, irreplaceable public parkland to a private entity for $10 for 99 years is astounding in this era when public lands and natural resources are under attack in so many places,” the head of Jackson Park Watch told local media. “Besides, Chicago’s finances are extremely precarious. Yes, this is symbolic, but symbolism is significant.”

“Other Chicago museums are located on public property, but those museums have agreements with the city of Chicago in perpetuity.

“The City Council is expected to read and vote on the rental agreement Thursday.”

$10 for a 99-year lease? Where can us common folk get a hold of an awesome deal like this?

This hasn’t been the first big issue the library construction has had. A couple of months back a federal judge let groups, who were suing the Obama Foundation over its plans for a presidential center on Chicago’s South Side, actually begin demanding information from the city of Chicago to determine how the site was selected for the project instead of other private properties which had been declined previously.

In that hearing, the District Court Judge John Robert Blakey agreed to let the plaintiffs proceed. This is being led by Protect Our Parks who want to obtain information from the city of Chicago and Obama officials on how it selected the site. The Barack Obama Presidential Center is being proposed on federal land that was deemed by the government in 2012 to be inappropriate for construction.

Is anything out of Chicago which concerns Barack Hussein Obama not questionable in nature? No other president in recent memory has had so many issues constructing their respective libraries. Maybe that’s because those libraries aren’t of questionable origin representing an individual of questionable origin and character.

Whatever the reason, let’s all be glad the Obama nightmare is over and instead of messing up the country, he is now busy messing up his own library plans.

Continue Reading

Little Boy Surprises Trump With Question After Hurricane – Watch How Trump Responds

Published

on

...

* By

President Donald Trump arrived in New Bern, North Carolina after the Hurricane Florence hit to be hands on in helping displaced victims. Soon after he landed, he went right to work handing out aid and talking to people on a personal level. As one of the most relatable presidents America has ever had, he made an excellent effort to let everyone there know that they mattered to him and were not forgotten in their struggle.

While the leftist media has nitpicked every word he has said there and step he takes, they are “conveniently” ignoring on incredible moment. While at the aid distribution center meeting with families and offering his support, a little boy walked up to him alone and surprised the president with his question.

Trump stopped what he was doing and gave his full attention to this child who just survived a terrifying nightmare in this natural disaster. His response to the boy’s question was something this child will never forget and the country needs to see.

America The Awesome reports on the moving moment between the boy and the President of the United States:

After Hurricane Florence tore through the coastline, the Carolinas suffered great loss and are now struggling with massive flooding and property damage.

As the president handed out food to those in need while standing at a volunteer station, he also made a little boy’s day better in an adorable moment that stood out among the rest. The boy, named Tucker, approached the president with a simple question.

“Can I have a hug?” the little boy asked.

Trump them stretched out his arms and gave the little boy a hug. The other volunteer workers expressed their delight by giving him a round of applause.

After watching the president embracing Tucker, an elderly women said “I think I’m gonna cry,”.

President Trump’s kindness and support didn’t stop there. It’s clear from the footage and photos that he genuinely cares and isn’t just there to do what he “has to” as president. The boy feeling comfortable enough to ask Trump for a hug, speaks volumes of the kind of approachable and caring president we have — which he proved in his response by hugging the boy.

On the contrary, when former President Barack Obama visited New Jersey in the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy, he too hugged a victim in a photo that went viral, however for a much different reason than Trump’s hug of this little boy.

According to PhillyMag, who interviewed the victim, Donna Vanzant, who was famously hugged by Obama while he was surveying the damage, the President at the time also promised her “immediate” assistance. Vanzant definitely needed that help as she said she suffered $500,000 in losses.

Vanzant told PhillyMag what has happened since Obama’s promise:

“After his visit, I sent an email to President Obama. Many days later, I got a response back. It was disturbing.”

“It had nothing to do with what I was asking him. It was a form letter. It thanked me for supporting the troops. He made a promise to rebuild on national television, and I can’t even get this money. It’s heartbreaking, really. I did reach out to Senator Whelan, and I got a response that they were forwarding my email to the person that Governor Christie put in charge of Sandy relief. But from President Obama, I got a form letter.”

“When you get a hug from the President of the United States, you feel like there’s something there. A promise was made. I have two grown kids. One is a U.S. Navy diver. The other one lives at the marina with his wife and new baby, and they lost everything. But I raised my kids to know that your word is your word. You promise something, you keep it, and that was a broken promise. I’ve never been a person to expect free handouts, but the President gave me hope. But now, I just don’t know.”

From this suffering victim’s experience with the former president’s failed promise, it’s no wonder that the mainstream media isn’t interested in showing Trump’s genuine interaction with this child, for fear of the comparison. However, it’s an important comparison to be made since Trump is often accused of doing things for “Photo ops” yet he doesn’t make promises he can’t or doesn’t intend on keeping – which he’s proved throughout his presidency.

It was Obama who had the photo op, capitalizing on this woman’s worst moment to make him look like a good person and leader, but never followed through after getting the accolades from the viral image.

Knowing the inevitable attacks on his handling of this disaster are coming, Trump made a very direct statement in North Carolina:

“Right now, everybody is saying what a great job we are doing with Hurricane Florence – and they are 100% correct,” Trump tweeted. “But don’t be fooled, at some point in the near future the Democrats will start ranting… that FEMA, our Military, and our First Responders, who are all unbelievable, are a disaster and not doing a good job. This will be a total lie, but that’s what they do, and everybody knows it!”

Trump is the man for the job and hasn’t disappointed anyone but liberals who hoped he met their low expectations of him.

Continue Reading




Latest Articles

Become an insider!

Thank you for your interest in receiving the Right Wing News newsletter. To subscribe, please submit your email address below.

Send this to a friend