On August 3, 2018, federal authorities raided a makeshift compound shielded by old tires, wooden pallets, and other garbage in New Mexico. 11 children were found malnourished and starving, living in squalor. One child was found dead and buried. Three women – Jany Leveille, 35, Hujrah Wahhaj, 38, and Subhannah Wahhaj, 35, a man – Lucas Morton, and 39-year-old Siraj Wahhaj were arrested. The details that continue to emerge surrounding this situation are nothing less than disturbing.
They were training these children, ranging in age from just 1-year-old to 15-years-old, to commit school shootings, as well as to target Christians, law enforcement, and other persons of authority. There are also obvious charges of child abuse and the very distinct possibility that these people may indeed be a danger to the public at large. Indeed, state prosecutors made just that argument in an effort to keep these individuals locked away in jail while they await trial.
Yet Judge Sarah Backus clearly disagreed stating prosecutors failed to meet the benchmark in their preliminary arguments. She then ordered the detained individuals to be released on a $20,000 “signature bond” – meaning no money is required up front and would be due only if the defendants violate conditions of release.
All could be released as soon as today, with the exception of Siraj. He remains in custody on additional charges stemming from a Georgia warrant for his arrest. He is also accused of kidnapping his 3-year-old son, Abdul-Ghani Wahhaj. The little boy is believed to have died while his father was performing an exorcism. The remains of a 3-year-old boy were found buried at a tunnel near the compound wrapped in plastic and cloth. His identity has not yet been confirmed but is believed to be Abdul-Ghani Wahhaj. Wahhaj’s son was not among the children rescued.
Adding to this horror, Wahhaj is from a family with definitive terror ties. He is the son of a prominent Brooklyn imam, also named Siraj Wahhaj, who was named by prosecutors as an unindicted co-conspirator in the 1993 World Trade Center bombing. The elder Wahhaj has close ties to Muslim rights groups like the Islamic Circle of North American, the Muslim American Society and the Center for American Islamic Relations and is the current head of the Masjid At-Taqwa mosque. He was also a character witness in the trial for Sheik Omar Abdel Rahman, known as the notorious “Blind Sheikh” convicted in 1995 of plotting terror attacks in the United States.
So how on earth exactly did four of the five suspects receive bail from Judge Backus? Better yet, WHY? Let alone a bail at such a paltry amount of $20,000 and on a signature bond no less! Well, it seems Judge Backus has a history of making these sorts of troubling decisions concerning violent offenders.
According to Fox News:
“The state judge who on Monday set a $20,000 bail for five defendants arrested at a remote New Mexico compound where authorities say children were being trained to conduct school shootings has a history of issuing low bail to violent offenders.
“Judge Sarah Backus, an elected Democrat, ordered the two men and three women to wear ankle monitors, have weekly contact with their attorneys and not consume alcohol or own firearms while on bail. She said although she was concerned by “troubling facts,” prosecutors failed to articulate any specific threats to the community.
“Monday isn’t the first time Backus has issued low bail for suspects accused of violent crimes.
“Just last month, she set a $10,000 bond for Rafael Orozco, a 24-year-old Taos man accused of battering his girlfriend, his newborn child and a health care worker at Holy Cross Hospital in September 2016.
“Police said Orozco prompted a lockdown at the hospital after punching his girlfriend as she breastfed their newborn in front of a male doctor, the Santa Fe New Mexican reported. Cops said Orozco then grabbed the mother by the throat and slapped the baby.
“Orozco reportedly fled the hospital and was arrested in Rio Arriba County a few months later. While in prison, Orozco was accused of other crimes, including obtaining Suboxone, an opioid medication, and pulling a fire alarm. A year later, he and his brother, Cristian Orozco, were charged with assaulting and threatening a guard.
“In September, Backus approved an order to incarcerate Orozco at the Lea County Correctional Facility until his trial. His defense attorney recently filed a motion arguing for his release and last month, Backus ruled in his favor.”
The FBI chose to weigh in on the case, speaking out for the first time, reports KOB 4:
“FBI agent Travis Taylor testified saying that, according to interviews conducted between the FBI and two teens from the compound, Siraj Wahhaj would lead rituals that included reading from the Quran and centered on his son, who authorities said suffered from seizures.
“During these rituals, per witness statements, the victim, Abdul (Ghani Wahhaj) would begin to choke and have white foam or slime come from his mouth and then pass out,” Taylor said.
“According to Taylor, the children were led to believe that the child, Abdul-Ghani Wahhaj, “would become Jesus” when his demons were exorcised. He added that once the child “became Jesus,” he would instruct the others of the property or the family what corrupt institutions to get rid of.”
“A body believed to be a child was found on the property in the days following the raid, but the Office of the Medical Investigator has yet to definitely identify it. Abdul-Ghani Wahhaj was not among the 11 children immediately found at the compound.”
Thief Steals Combat Vet’s Military Mementos – ‘I’d Give My Soul To Get Those Things Back’
Stealing from others is a despicable act in & of itself, but stealing from a veteran who fought for our freedom & security is a whole other ball game. What kind of scumbag would do this kind of thing? We’re hoping this vet gets his belongings back.
Fox 4 Kansas City reported:
“A Mobile veteran served our country overseas more than a decade ago, but the mementos he brought home were stolen.
Carl Sanders Jr. served for four years and had one tour in Iraq.
Most of his memories were packed up in a duffel bag, but it ended up being stolen.
“I don’t regret one second of anything I’ve done serving my country and the people I served with,” he said.
To remember that time in his life he packed up a bag filled with most of his memories. Things like an Iraqi flag and helmet he found on a mission, but most importantly his uniform.
“It’s the boots I lived in, I fought in,” Sanders said. “A soldiers boots and soldiers uniform that’s more important than anything.”
Losing those keepsakes is difficult for Sanders to swallow as he tries to never forget his military service.
“Those things actually reminded me of who I served with, where I’ve been, some of the things we’ve had to do and I don’t ever want to forget that,” Sanders said. “I don’t ever want to let that go.”
While he still has some things, a few pictures and some patches, what was stolen from him goes beyond a uniform.
“I still got a lot of memories in my head, some are hard to remember, some are hard to forget, but as time goes it kind of fades away,” Sanders said. “That’s why I’m glad I do have some of these things, I can always pick up these pictures and look back and always remember.”
While he holds onto what he does have, he hopes the thief realizes what was taken.
“Outside of monetary value things go a lot further than that,” Sanders said. “You never know what something might mean to someone, maybe the smallest little object.”
A soldier’s treasured memories from a half a world away, stolen from a man who served this country.
“God forgive me, but I would give my soul to get those things back,” Sanders said.
From what little he does have left, he is currently putting together a scrapbook for his family so his service is always remembered.”
Somali Whose Deportation was Thwarted by Passengers Is Gang Rapist With Links To ISIS
I have no understanding of people who would allow foreigners needs to take precedence over their own citizens.
These deranged SJW lunatics should have been arrested. When does the left not ever defend a terrorist?
A Somali man whose deportation was thwarted when passengers on the aeroplane taking him out of the country began complaining is a convicted gang rapist linked to an Islamic State fighter.
29-year-old Yaqub Ahmed was about to be returned to Somalia via a commercial flight to Istanbul, Turkey, but around a dozen ‘social justice warrior’ passengers on the aeroplane became aware of his situation when he began groaning and wailing.
They started complaining “They’re separating him from his family” and chanting “take him off the plane” in rowdy scenes recorded by several people on their mobile phones.
Rather than throw off the disruptive passengers or have them arrested for obstructing the course of justice, however, officials buckled to the mutinous flyers and took Ahmed off the flight, while his supporters applauded and shouted: “You’re free, man!”
However, the Mail on Sunday has now revealed that the busybodies were championing a convicted gang rapist, and that one of his accomplices travelled to the Islamic State to fight as a jihadist after their crime.
VIDEO: Swedish Student Blocks Afghan Deportation by Disrupting Flight https://t.co/OhavK9xIpA
— Breitbart London (@BreitbartLondon) July 26, 2018
In August 2007, Ahmed was part of a four-strong rape gang which lured a 16-year-old girl who had become separated from her friends on a night out to a flat in Crouch End, North London, pretending they were waiting for her there.
Ahmed and his accomplices then took turn raping the teenager, who was only saved when neighbours overheard her cries for help and rang the police. All denied the crime, but were convicted with the help of extensive DNA evidence.
The judge sentenced them to a relatively short nine years each — although police detective Emma Bird seemed happy with the terms, saying they “reflect[ed] the seriousness of this offence” — but criminals almost never serve their full term in the United Kingdom, and Ahmed was out after a paltry four years.
It is understood that fellow rapist Ondogo Ahmed travelled to Syria to fight for the Islamic State just months after his release, while accomplice Adnan Mohamud — like Ahmed, a Somali granted refugee status — is still in Britain.
“We need to deport these people and members of the public should not be allowed to obstruct the proper course of justice,” commented Tory backbencher Philip Hollobone.
“Officials accompanying the deportee need to react appropriately to passengers who do not know what is going on. To simply walk off in the face of passenger confusion is not good enough.”
Britain’s record both tracking and deporting illegal migrants in general is very poor.
WATCH: Alec Baldwin tells donors to ‘Overthrow’ Trump at Democrat Fundraiser
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service in the world.
BREAKING: Federal Judge Dismisses Stormy Daniels’ Defamation Lawsuit Against Donald Trump
Senate Intelligence Staffer Who Dated Reporter Pleads Guilty To Lying To FBI About Leaks
Trump was right!
UH OH! 2nd Correction Made On Elizabeth Warren DNA Test Story, Warren Gets Mocked
Simone Biles Speaks Out After Interim USA Gymnastics President Blasts Nike and Kaepernick
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service in the world.