Please disable your Ad Blocker to better interact with this website.

Connect with us

Roseanne Just Got Last Laugh On ABC Days After Network Wrongfully Cancelled Her Huge Show

Published

on

It has been a very bad week for Roseanne as she lost her show over a controversial Tweet. However, not all is bad news, in fact, this is about as good as it gets. Unless you have been hiding under a rock this whole week you have probably already heard about the mess Roseanne Barr caused by tweeting out a joke in bad taste about Barack Obama’s former advisor and friend Valerie Jarrett.

Of course, because “Roseanne” was a show which doesn’t constantly attack those who voted for and support President Donald Trump, the show was canceled within a few hours after the tweet was sent although Roseanne had already apologized for it. But the great news here is that it is reporting this whole mess could cause ABC to lose an expected $60 million in advertising dollars, plus the pay of 13 episodes to most of the cast, which means they will be paying between $350,00 to $500,000 per episode since they were already under contract.

Since ABC is linked to Disney they thrive on pushing the agenda forward and this has to stop. My guess is they just used this opportunity to get rid of Roseanne because just like Samantha Bee, who called Ivanka Trump a “C***” on her show, and apologized for it so she wouldn’t be fired, so did Roseanne.

CLICK HERE To Sign Card And Show You Stand With Roseanne

The Washington Times wrote this about the projected loss of ad revenue:

Trending: Federal Judge Releases Benghazi Evidence – Hillary Goes Into Complete Panic

“The abrupt cancellation of ‘Roseanne’ will not come cheap,” said Lacey Rose, television editor for The Hollywood Reporter.

“Although the decision was widely viewed as necessary given the racist nature of star Roseanne Barr’s social media attack on senior Obama adviser Valerie Jarrett, several sources with knowledge of the situation suggest that ABC and parent company Disney could be on the hook for tens of millions of dollars,” Rose reported.

“And that doesn’t include the foregone ad revenue,” she said, citing an industry report from Kantar Media that said that the revival of the 1990s-era sitcom was expected to drive $60 million in advertising dollars.

“The ‘Roseanne’ aftermath: who gets paid?” Ms. Rose summarized.

She also said that her sources reveal that ABC producers won’t be able to invoke the “force majeure clause,” which allows them to cancel contracts due to unforeseen, catastrophic events.

CLICK HERE To Sign Petition to BAN ‘The View’ For Being Hateful

“ABC brass will have to make some tough choices about whether and how to compensate the cast and crew for the scrapped 13 episodes,” Ms. Rose said, adding that the major stars of the canceled show were to be paid between $350,000 and $500,000 per episode.”

Hollywood Reporter provided information about who might be getting paid for the scrapped season considering they may have been under contract.

“Stars Sara Gilbert, Laurie Metcalf and John Goodman expect to be paid for the scrapped season, while what, if anything, the writers will receive remains less clear.

The abrupt cancellation of Roseanne will not come cheap. Although the decision was widely viewed as necessary given the racist nature of star Roseanne Barr’s social media attack on Valerie Jarrett, the former senior adviser to Barack Obama, several sources with knowledge of the situation suggest that ABC and parent company Disney could be on the hook for “tens of millions of dollars.” And that doesn’t include the forgone ad revenue, as broadcast’s No. 1 show was expected to drive at least $60 million in its 11th season, according to Kantar Media. Insiders, meanwhile, denied the “tens of millions of dollars” sum and pegged it at significantly less. ABC declined comment.”

According to those same sources, no conversations were had Tuesday about how all of this will play out since all involved were still in a state of shock. ABC’s top television executives, Ben Sherwood and Channing Dungey, are expected to engage as early as Wednesday with representatives for Tom Werner, whose Carsey-Werner production company produced the original run as well as the revival, on the subject of compensation for the cast and crew. Werner is repped by UTA, which also represents several writers, including showrunner Bruce Helford, on the series.

Per multiple insiders, reps for the stars, including Sara Gilbert, Laurie Metcalf and John Goodman, who recently negotiated new deals for the 11th season at $300,000 an episode (up from $250,000 a year before), are expecting to still be compensated for at least 10 episodes of the season since, as many note, “Their options were exercised.” Or at least that’s the case they intend to make if ABC opts not to pay them for the jettisoned season. “They’ll lawyer up if they have to,” says a source with ties to the show.

What’s less clear is if and how the writing staff will be compensated. Only a very select few — and maybe even just one — have a clause in their contracts that requires that they be paid for a minimum number of episodes, in this case 10, regardless of whether anything gets produced. (The scrapped 11th season was due to run 13 episodes, up from nine.) The remainder of the writing staff is contractually obligated to be paid only for produced episodes, of which there were none. In fact, in a surreal twist, the writers room for the forthcoming season opened Tuesday, though insiders suggest little got done given the fallout of the viral (and since deleted) tweet.

 

Join the conversation!

We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, profanity, vulgarity, doxing, or discourteous behavior. If a comment is spam, instead of replying to it please hover over that comment, click the ∨ icon, and mark it as spam. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain fruitful conversation.

Trending Now on Right Wing News


VIDEO: Border Patrol Releases Surveillance Video Of Mass Central American Invasion

Published

on

...

* By

When President Trump was forced to end the “zero-tolerance” campaign at the Southern border because of the lib outcry, the number of people entering our country illegally skyrocketed.

Of course, Dems want this. Those are their future voters right there.

It’s past time to send in more National Guard units.

Fox News is reporting the latest:

“Large groups of Central American migrants continue to surrender to Border Patrol agents in Arizona with the arrival of one recent group numbering 108 captured in dramatic video images, authorities said Friday.

The agency said camera operators monitoring movement Thursday afternoon along the U.S.-Mexico border in the Yuma area captured images of a large number of people being dropped over the border wall east of the San Luis Port of Entry.

It said the smugglers never crossed the border while they helped migrants over the wall in four places. The group was comprised of 100 Guatemalans and eight Hondurans. They included 52 children, nine of them 5 years and younger.

The mass crossing occurred while another drama was being played out much farther south as a caravan of several thousand Central American migrants traveled northbound, prompting President Donald Trump to warn Mexico to stop them from reaching the U.S. border.

Arizona Border Patrol agents for weeks have been overwhelmed by the arrival of large numbers of Central American migrants traveling in families.

U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement in Arizona earlier this month began releasing hundreds of people to await court dates, saying it didn’t have the capacity to hold an “incredibly high volume” of migrant families showing up at the border.

“Coordinated smuggling of large numbers of Central Americans is taking place daily here,” Yuma Sector Chief Patrol Agent Anthony Porvaznik said in a written statement.

Before the arrival of the latest group, authorities said that collectively more than 1,400 migrants had been left by smugglers in the broiling desert — or in one case in a drenching thunderstorm — in remote areas by Arizona’s border with Mexico since Aug. 20. One group was as large as 275 people.

Unlike Texas, where people turn themselves in on the banks of the Rio Grande, the smugglers near Arizona have been dumping groups of migrant families near Yuma, or farther to the east on a remote dirt road running along the southern limit of the Organ Pipe Cactus National Monument near the Lukeville Port of Entry.

While Mexican men traveling without relatives once made up the bulk of the migrants, Guatemalans and other Central Americans traveling in families or as unaccompanied minors are now the norm.”

WATCH.

Continue Reading

Benghazi Survivor Has Choice Words For Those Who Criticize Trump Over Khashoggi

Published

on

...

* By

Liberals, MSM, & some Republicans have been criticizing Trump over how he’s handled the killing of a Saudi reporter who worked for the Washington Post.

Libs & MSM most likely have an ulterior motive as they want Trump to punish Saudi Arabia which could harm our relationship with the country, not to mention, their spending on U.S. defense items which equals a lot of jobs here.

Now a Benghazi survivor is stepping up to the plate for Trump & he has an epic message for his detractors.

Kris Paronto “was part of the CIA annex security team that responded to the terrorist attack on the US Special Mission in Benghazi, Libya, September 11th, 2012, helping to save over 20 lives while fighting off terrorists from the CIA Annex for over 13 hours. Mr. Paronto’s story is told in the book “13 Hours” written by Mitchell Zuckoff and his five surviving annex security team members.”

The Daily Caller reported:

“Benghazi survivor Kris “Tanto” Paronto had a few choice words for those who have been critical of President Donald Trump’s response to the death of Saudi Arabian journalist Jamal Khashoggi at Turkey’s Saudi Arabian Embassy.

Addressing his tweet to the “leftist journalists & liberalists” who are angry about the Trump administration’s handling of the situation, Paronto asked, “Where in the hell were you when @BarackObama left 30+ AMERICANS to die in Benghazi Libya including an Ambassador?”

Saudi state media reported on Friday that Khashoggi had, in fact, been killed inside the embassy. So far, eighteen arrests have been made — and some of those arrested have close ties to the Saudi crown prince.

Turkish officials claim to have a recording of Khashoggi’s death, which they have said was essentially a hit, ordered by the crown prince himself and carried out by professionals.

Despite an early report that U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo had been granted access to the recording, the top diplomat has refuted that claim in a statement.

The investigation, currently being carried out by Saudi and Turkish officials, is still ongoing.”

USA Today reported about Paranto’s attitude toward Obama & Benghazi earlier:

“Former Army Ranger Kris Paronto said he wanted to reach through the screen and “choke” former President Barack Obama after the one-time commander in chief referred to “wild conspiracy theories” surrounding the 2012 attack on the U.S. mission in Benghazi, Libya, that left four Americans dead.

Paronto, a then-CIA contractor who was part of the response to the attack, made the comment during a Fox News interview Sunday.

“It’s disgusting,” Paronto told Fox News host Pete Hegseth, adding that he thought it showed Obama to be a “narcissist” and “elitist.”

“It just raises the bile inside of me. I had a hard time just watching the speech itself,” he said.

“I just wanted to see what he had to say. And when that came across, I just wanted to reach through the screen and just grab him — grab him and choke him and say, ‘Are you kidding me? Are you kidding me that you’d have the gall to disgrace the memory of my teammates and what we did there that night by calling it conspiracy?’””

Continue Reading




Latest Articles

Become an insider!

Thank you for your interest in receiving the Right Wing News newsletter. To subscribe, please submit your email address below.

Send this to a friend