President Trump has been setting some records and making great accomplishments in his second year as President of the United States. It’s very weird when someone leaves an administration that’s doing well, but people have their different reasons for leaving. Some people leave because they find a new opportunity that has been granted thanks to being so successful in the White House. Some leave because they’re not cut out for the job. Some might even leave because their commute is simply too tedious and if they have family members at home, then it makes perfect sense to either move closer to the White House or to find a new job. Whatever someone’s reasoning is for leaving is strictly their business. However, it does happen.
People leave jobs at the White House like they would leave a job anywhere else. Except for the Supreme Court where people like Ruth Bader Ginsburg is three days older than the entire planet and still trying to stay awake at the job.
President Trump’s team is about to be one person smaller as a possibly unexpected resignation comes to light. Even though there were rumors weeks ago that he might leave, they were just rumors and those hold no merit in politics until they’re proven to be true. Today seems to be that day when Trump’s White House ethics lawyer will resign.
His name is Stefan Passantino and there are already rumored issues with the possible resignation. Some people think he will resign today and be out by today, but others are saying he might stick it out and finish the summer. Isn’t that basically the same thing considering today is August 30th and summer is over shortly after as students return to school just after Labor Day? Any school returning before Labor Day is doing it wrong, but that’s unrelated to the issue of Passantino’s resignation.
Upon further research, I have discovered that Passantino’s last day will be Friday, August 31st. The rumors on social media were basically correct, depending on how people worded it or think of their summer. He’s staying until the end of the week, which many might consider the end of summer anyway.
“White House ethics lawyer Stefan Passantino is leaving the Trump administration, a senior White House official told NBC News Thursday.
“His last day is Friday.
“Passantino — who had been in charge of making sure White House officials complied with government ethics rules — had helped several White House officials deal with a number of ethics controversies, including a notorious March 2017 incident when Kellyanne Conway, a counselor to President Donald Trump, plugged the clothing line of Ivanka Trump on national television.
“Passantino is just the latest lawyer to depart the Trump White House.
“A day earlier, Trump announced that White House counsel Don McGahn, who cooperated with special counsel Robert Mueller’s Russia probe, would be leaving his job in the fall.
“Their departures add the growing exodus of administration officials who have left the White House — a record-setting turnover for a presidential administration.”
The Hill also added more information on the resignation of Passantino:
“The White House’s top ethics lawyer, Stefan Passantino, is leaving the Trump administration on Friday, according to NBC News, weeks after his rumored departure was first reported.
“A senior White House official confirmed Passantino’s last day to the network late Thursday.
“Passantino, the deputy White House counsel responsible for policing ethics for Trump officials, joined the administration in January 2017. He formerly served as an attorney to former Speaker Newt Gingrich (R-Ga.).
“Politico reported last month that Passantino was preparing to depart from the Trump administration, as his family lives in Georgia and he has been commuting.
“The Hill has reached out to the White House for comment.
“Passantino has weathered a number of ethics scandals from top-level Trump officials regarding concerns about private flights, the improper spending of taxpayer dollars and accusations of Hatch Act violations.
“Passantino is the latest White House lawyer to leave the Trump administration.
“Trump abruptly announced on Twitter Wednesday that White House counsel Don McGahn would leave after Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh’s expected confirmation.”
The Independent also covered this, stating:
“The deputy White House counsel, Stefan Passantino, is reportedly to step down today just a day after it was announced the government’s top lawyer would also leave his position.
“Don McGahn, the top-ranking White House counsel, will leave by the autumn, Mr. Trump announced on Twitter. The president said: “I have worked with Don for a long time and truly appreciate his service!”
“Mr. Passantino, who is responsible for overseeing ethics issues for Donald Trump’s staff, was due to exit on Thursday, according to Bloomberg reporter Jennifer Jacobs.
“A Politico report from July also presaged Mr. Passantino’s departure, while the Washington Post reported he was due to step down on Friday.
“He told CNN’s Don Lemon: “He has a nightmare client, possibly the worst client in the history of American ethics, President Trump. Look at the damage the president has done to the reputations and the careers and the freedom of the people around him.”
Nunes Announces New Clinton Evidence, Burns Entire Swamp To The Ground
House Intelligence Committee Chairman Devin Nunes has been at the forefront of fighting DC’s swamp-infested deep state since the beginning. He’s one brave guy and he’s still going after Hillary Clinton. Nunes is far from done with Hillary and she still has an awful lot to fear over her past actions.
Nunes has adamantly stated that Hillary Clinton’s campaign “colluded” with nearly every top official in the Justice Department and FBI. That does not surprise me at all. We all know in our gut that charge is true. The fact that someone like Nunes would come out and boldly proclaim it is heartening.
This is all tied in with the Trump dossier since Clinton was allegedly largely behind that smear tactic aimed at President Trump. Nunes went on Fox News in August where the interview focused on the topic of Trump dossier author Christopher Steele and his ties to Bruce Ohr, a high-level DOJ official who fed the FBI information from the ex-British spy even after he was no longer a source for providing confidential information to the media.
The whole dossier nonsense started out when BuzzFeed published it last year. It contains sensationalized falsehoods about President Trump. I guess Hillary Clinton and the Dems thought it could be used as leverage. Instead, it backfired, spectacularly. Now, Republicans think that the FBI deceived a FISA court into getting permission to spy on Carter Page without disclosing who paid for the dossier.
It came out that it was Clinton’s campaign and the DNC who retained Fusion GPS for the anti-Trump research. All roads in this lead back to Hillary Clinton. Nunes is blaming the media for ignoring Clinton’s involvement as well as Bruce Ohr’s in all this and is stating that the American people “need to know it” and called for the declassification of “an unprecedented amount of information.”
President Trump views this as nothing less than a witch hunt and I agree:
“The big story that the Fake News Media refuses to report is lowlife Christopher Steele’s many meetings with Deputy A.G. Bruce Ohr and his beautiful wife, Nelly. It was Fusion GPS that hired Steele to write the phony & discredited Dossier, paid for by Crooked Hillary & the DNC,” he tweeted last week. “Do you believe Nelly worked for Fusion and her husband STILL WORKS FOR THE DEPARTMENT OF ‘JUSTICE.’ I have never seen anything so Rigged in my life. Our A.G. is scared stiff and Missing in Action. It is all starting to be revealed – not pretty. IG Report soon? Witch Hunt!”
Trump has also said that he may need to get involved in all this to get to the bottom of it. Especially if the FBI doesn’t provide conservative watchdog group Judicial Watch and others with text messages of former Deputy FBI Director Andrew McCabe, whom he has accused of harboring a bias against him.
Hillary Clinton has been held blameless in all this… protected by those who are surrounding her and covering her flank. That includes James Comey and Andrew McCabe, as well as a number of others who are complicit in our intelligence agencies and the media.
Ohr is key in the new Clinton evidence that could burn the entire swamp to the ground:
“Ohr’s wife, Nellie, was employed by Fusion GPS, the opposition research firm that commissioned the dossier in an effort that was funded in part by Democrats, to assist in the cultivation of research on then-candidate Trump. Nunes stressed the need to have her testify too.
“She also was working for Fusion GPS, working for the Clinton campaign,” he said. “So here you have information flowing from the Clinton campaign from the Russians, likely I believe was handed directly from Russian propaganda arms to the Clinton campaign, fed into the top levels of the FBI and Department of Justice to open up a counterintelligence investigation into a political campaign that has now colluded [with] nearly every top official at the DOJ and FBI over the course of the last couple years. Absolutely amazing.”
“Nunes and fellow GOP chairmen Trey Gowdy, R-S.C., and Bob Goodlatte, R-Va., have pressed the DOJ for months for documents related to the Russia and Hillary Clinton emails investigations, with some success. However, Nunes complained that the DOJ has been slow to comply.
“He also said there needs to be “an investigation into these top-level people as to how somebody concocted the idea that it’s okay to take information from one political campaign and use it to open up an investigation on the other political — on somebody else’s opposing political party.”
“Nunes and other Trump allies in Congress have said they have seen no evidence that would have justified the Obama administration to open up a collusion investigation into the Trump campaign.
“Asked if there will be accountability in the DOJ and FBI, Nunes declined to say if he expects there to be prosecutions but did emphasize his call to the president to release the unredacted FISA warrant applications to spy on Page.
“The only way there could be accountability is one step at a time and it deals with full and complete transparencies,” Nunes said. Full sunlight on as many of the documents that don’t endanger national security, which from our committee members, we’ve sent a letter to the president, we don’t believe they’re going to jeopardize any sources or methods. And I think people I have said many times are going to be shocked as to what went into a FISA warrant against Carter Page and even more importantly, what did not go into the FISA application, that was not presented to the court involving the information that they had on Carter Page.'”
The obstructionist Democrats are crying foul and saying that this is a GOP effort to discredit the Mueller probe. No, it’s not. It’s an effort to see justice done concerning Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama. Nunes is determined to hold Clinton accountable. Good.
.@DevinNunes: "Don't forget that Bruce Ohr's wife, Nellie Ohr, who also will have to be interviewed soon – she also was working for Fusion GPS, working for the Clinton campaign." #SundayFutures @MariaBartiromo pic.twitter.com/tsJZLRGGk6
— Fox News (@FoxNews) August 12, 2018
WATCH: The Deplorable Choir Has A New Song Called “Vote Republican” They Will Make Your Day!
Thanks to President Donald Trump Republicans have finally learned to fight fire with fire.
A trio called “THE DEPLORABLE CHOIR” have made the best song and music video to accompany it that you have heard and seen in a while.
This is what the Democrats have been doing to the right for decades without as much as a word of opposition from the right. The left is a master of propaganda and now they are getting a taste of their own medicine in a time when they are so excited because they foolishly believe there will be a so-called “Blue Wave.”
With that being said let’s review a few trends that work against the Democrats via Redstate:
1) The economy is heating up after 8 years of Obama malaise. Today’s reported 3.9% unemployment highlights the strength of the economy and the incompetence of the previous regime. This rising economic tide has lifted a lot of boats, including women, blacks, and Hispanics. Even if that doesn’t convert these groups into Republicans, it might suppress turnout for Democrats. Recent polling suggests Millennials don’t heart the Democrats either, another bad omen for turnout.
2) Tax cuts spread crumbs everywhere. It bears repeating that the Democrat threat to raise taxes is probably one of the most amazing acts of political malpractice in my lifetime. They should have listened to 1992 Bill Clinton. It’s the economy, stupid. Voters care infinitely more about their pocketbook than the Democrat wet dreams of regaining power. Not for nothing, but the RNC has a massive war chest and the DNC is deep in debt. I fail to see how that adds up to a Blue Wave.
3) Kanye West and the black vote. I don’t know if I believe polling this week that shows support among blacks for Trump doubled from 8 to 16 percent. But it’s clear once again the left played their hand badly. When a black celebrity stands up for a little-known conservative black woman, it’s not a good look for the Democrat propaganda machine to smear and condemn him. The reality is, there is no good reason for blacks to be loyal to Democrats based on results. They chose poorly in attacking Kanye and Trump at the same time.
4) Establishment pundits keep getting everything wrong. Trade War? Tax cuts? Russia Collusion? DACA? Whatever the issue, the anti-Trump establishment (on right and left) have so beclowned themselves that one can predict the future with reasonable accuracy simply by expecting the opposite of whatever they pontificate. The fact that they seem addicted to being wrong at all times doesn’t help. They don’t seem to grok populism so they might want to lay low until they get something right a few times.
5) Something rotten happened in the Swamp. I think the biggest X-factor that could spawn a Red Tsunami is the disgusting corruption behind Mueller, Comey, McCabe, and others inside the Obama FBI, DOJ, and State. Forget morale. At this point, to believe Mueller is a good man on a mission to expose collusion with Russia is a full-time denial job. You have to work to avoid the deluge of revelations that point to the opposite conclusion. If the IG report on McCabe is any indication, I think the fallout could make Watergate look like an HR violation. It goes without saying that if Mueller manages to find something impeachment worthy on Trump, all bets are off for the Republicans. Still, we all know Hillary, the Clinton Foundation, the FISA warrants, and the behavior of key officials at these agencies, are all deeply troubling and possibly criminal. Corruption, collusion, obstruction of justice, and worse, are almost certain to be exposed if a proper investigation is conducted. Until now, AG Sessions has appeared to be the Democrats best hope for getting off unscathed. But that may change. And I think it will. IF the truth comes out, that’s going to drone strike the Democrat brand. They marched together in lockstep throughout the Obama years. This mess, therefore, taints them all. With their assault on Trump, they’ve made this a zero-sum game. At least one side loses before this is over.
Do the Democrats really believe in their hearts that the American People want to go back to what was just 2 short years ago? A time we had Barack Hussein Obama as our president and both our economy and our moral as a nation was in the dumps? A time when Isis reigned supreme and North Korea was laughing at us? I don’t know about you, but if this would be true I honestly feel our nation is over.
The most probable outcome of November 2018 is the Republicans hold on to both the House and Senate because sadly Republican voters always tend to have a hard time getting off their collective a**’s and going out to vote. If this wouldn’t be the case, California would be red today.
Karma Just Came Kicking Down Major Trump-Hating Madonna’s Door – She’s Afraid To Come Out
Nobody is above the law!
Emmys Hosts Were Warned But Didn’t Listen, Now They’re Going To Pay BIG For Christian ’Crackhead’ Rant
Perhaps it's time for religious leaders to begin urging their flocks to shun Hollywood again
Big Country Star Just Destroyed His Career After What He Did To His Trump-Loving Fans
That's one way to completely destroy your career
Nunes Announces New Clinton Evidence, Burns Entire Swamp To The Ground
He's one brave guy!
Proud Patriot Kid Rock Torched Kaepernick With A Flamethrower In Just Three Words
Now, this is a real American artist