Please disable your Ad Blocker to better interact with this website.

Connect with us

Trump Abruptly Cancels 1,000 Troops Headed To Caravan – Then Drops The REAL Hammer

Published

on

This is the Trump we love! When something needs doing, he doesn’t do it small.

Originally, there was a plan to send only a 1000 troops to the border to stop the migrant caravan invasion force. Then Trump was like, “Nah, we need ta go big time.” And boom, now 5200 active-duty troops are on the way, and there could be even more sent.

When was the last time a president acted this boldly to secure our border? I don’t think a president ever has until Trump!

USA Today reported:

Trending: Trump Gives Adam Schiff New Nickname And He Is Fuming

“Just one week shy of the midterm elections, the Pentagon will deploy at least 5,200 active-duty troops to the U.S.-Mexico border in an effort to prevent members of a migrant caravan from illegally entering the country, the Department of Defense announced Monday.

About 2,100 National Guard troops already were fanned out across the border under an order from President Donald Trump this year. In recent weeks, the president has been warning repeatedly about the dangers posed by the caravan of mostly Central American migrants, which stands at about 3,500 people after 1,700 of them filed asylum applications in Mexico or accepted assistance to return to their home countries.

Administration officials said last week that they were considering a plan to send up to 1,000 active-duty troops to the border, but that deployment, dubbed Operation Faithful Patriot, will now surpass 5,200, said Gen. Terrence O’Shaughnessy, commander of U.S. Northern Command. He said the number of troops could rise depending on the demands placed on U.S. Customs and Border Protection agents manning the border.

“That is just the start of this operation,” O’Shaughnessy said during a news conference at CBP headquarters in Washington on Monday. “Border security is national security.”

National Guard units have already been assisting by monitoring video surveillance feeds to direct Border Patrol agents manning the vast stretches between U.S. ports of entry. The new deployment of active-duty troops will include helicopter and other aviation units armed with night vision technology to help identify anyone trying to illegally cross the border, and to deploy CBP agents to apprehend them, O’Shaughnessy said.

“We will be able to spot and identify groups, and rapidly deploy,” he said.

The operation will also include engineering units to build temporary barriers, lay out concertina wire at ports of entry, and construct temporary housing for U.S. personnel, he said. About 800 troops are already en route to Texas from Fort Campbell and Fort Knox, and more will follow this week headed toward Arizona and California.

Typically, migrant caravans travel in numbers to seek safety and avoid risks such as kidnap, rape and extortion. When the last migrant caravan reached the U.S. border in April, a majority of people presented themselves at ports of entry to request asylum, a legal way to enter the United States.

A Homeland Security official, who spoke on condition of anonymity because plans were not yet finalized, said the president is expected to deliver a speech this week to outline further actions to halt the migrant caravan, which could include limiting, or halting, the ability of migrants to request asylum. That move would be predicated on national security arguments similar to those used to enact Trump’s travel ban last year on certain individuals from Muslim-dominated countries and would meet the same legal challenges by immigration advocacy and civil rights organizations.”

 

Join the conversation!

We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, profanity, vulgarity, doxing, or discourteous behavior. If a comment is spam, instead of replying to it please hover over that comment, click the ∨ icon, and mark it as spam. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain fruitful conversation.

Trending Now on Right Wing News


If You’re a White Woman Who Supports Trump, CNN Has Labeled You Something Very Bad – SUE THEM!

Published

on

...

* By

As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service in the world, RWN offers the following information published by Breitbart:     

CNN contributor Kirsten Powers declared on air Friday that all white females who supported President Donald Trump were “racist.”
Powers, referring to white females who support Trump, said, “They’ll say, ‘Well, I’m not racist. I just voted for him because, you know, I didn’t like Hillary Clinton. And I just want to say that that’s not–that doesn’t make you not racist. It actually makes you racist. If you support somebody who does racist things, that makes you racist. So, I want to establish that.”

“As for why white women do it, I think we have to recognize that white men are doing it as well, but I think sometimes we would hope that we would get better behavior from white women, because white women are themselves oppressed and that they would, therefore, be able to be aligned themselves with other oppressed people,” Powers said.

She continued, “But, I think we have to remember that the white patriarchal system actually benefits white women in a lot of the ways, and they’re attached to white men, who are benefitting from the system that was created by them, for them and their fathers and their husbands and their brothers are benefitting from the system, and so they are also benefitting.”

While not offering her views on Trump-supporting white females, Powers can be caught giving lectures on the virtues of appropriate Halloween costumes:

Continue Reading

Here’s How Much It’s Going To Cost To Rebuild Bankrupt California Wiped Out By Wildfires

Published

on

...

* By

As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service in the world, RWN offers the following information published by: Daily Caller

  • Rebuilding after California’s deadly wildfires could cost up to $13 billion, and taxpayers can also expect a big bill for fighting this year’s massive blazes
  • Wildfires engulfed more than 246,000 acres and killed at least 80 people.
  • Fire insurance premiums will likely increase for those living in fire-prone areas, including those areas scarred by ongoing conflagrations.

Wildfires raging across California could cost the insurance industry anywhere from $8.6 billion to $13 billion, according to estimates. But that’s only part of the financial burden that will be borne by Californians.

Financial services company CoreLogic estimated the two biggest fires — the Camp Fire and the Woolsey Fire — did about $8.6 billion worth of damage, based on the reconstruction value of the homes and structures that went up in flames.

Do YOU think we have the best President and First Lady ever? Follow Amanda Shea on Twitter to get RIGHT daily insight!

The modeling firm RMS put the insurance industry’s wildfire burden between $9 billion and $13 billion, which includes “damage to buildings, possessions and vehicles, business interruption and additional living expenses for those affected,” the Financial Times reported.

The Camp Fire did the lion’s share of damage, destroying more than 12,000 buildings as it engulfed 150,000 acres. At least 80 people were killed by the blaze and about 1,200 people are still unaccounted for by authorities.

Wildfire engulfed the entire town of Paradise, displacing about 27,000 residents. Thousands of homes will have to be rebuilt, along with repairs to roads, businesses and government buildings. U.S. President Donald Trump visits the Skyway Villa Mobile Home and RV Park, a neighborhood destroyed by the camp fire with Mayor Jody Jones in Paradise

U.S. President Donald Trump visits the Skyway Villa Mobile Home and RV Park, a neighborhood destroyed by the camp fire with Mayor Jody Jones in Paradise, California, U.S., November 17, 2018. REUTERS/ Leah Millis.

High insurance company payouts to rebuild burnt communities will have spillover effects. Fire insurance premiums will likely increase for those living in fire-prone areas, including those areas scarred by ongoing conflagrations.

For example, northern Californians living, or looking to move into, areas scarred by the Tubbs Fire in 2017 are seeing a “slow creep” upwards in insurance premiums, E&E News reported. Insurance providers have refused to cover some homeowners in high-risk areas. Other homeowners are upgrading their fire insurance.

California fires cost $16 billion last year, mostly from wildfires. It was the costliest year for California in terms of wildfire damage, with more than 1.3 million acres burned.

The Tubbs fire, the second most destructive in state history, burned just 38,000-acres, but killed 22 people and destroyed more than 5,600 buildings in parts of northern California’s wine country.

A man waves a Trump flag as the motorcade of U.S. President Donald Trump flies by after Trump visited a neighborhood recently destroyed by the Camp fire in Paradise, California, U.S.

A man waves a Trump flag as the motorcade of U.S. President Donald Trump flies by after Trump visited a neighborhood recently destroyed by the Camp fire in Paradise, California, U.S., November 17, 2018. REUTERS/ Leah Millis.

Last year’s devastating fires are also putting upward pressure on ratepayers. That’s because state regulators determined power lines and equipment owned by utility PG&E caused 12 northern California fires in 2017.

Faced with billions of dollars in legal liability, Democratic Gov. Jerry Brown signed legislation in August to allow PG&E to bill ratepayers for wildfire costs. While the causes of the fires are not yet determined, PG&E reported sparks coming from one of its power lines just before the Camp Fire began.

However, California’s top utility regulator signaled Thursday he was laying the groundwork for a PG&E bailout using the law Brown signed in August. That means ratepayers could see even higher costs if PG&E is held liable for the current fires.

There’s also the cost to federal and state taxpayers for fighting the fires, which at this time is unknown.

What’s known is that California exhausted its $448 million firefighting budget in September fighting fires over the summer. The federal government spent nearly $3 billion fighting wildfires across the country in 2017.

 

Continue Reading




Latest Articles

Become an insider!

Thank you for your interest in receiving the Right Wing News newsletter. To subscribe, please submit your email address below.

Send this to a friend